Hola! Halo! Shalom! Bonjour! Ni Hao! Or simply, Hello!
I’m Rachel, an American expat who has called Madrid, Spain home since 2012. My move here followed my graduation from university and a 2-month backpacking trip around Europe. It was during that trip that I realized I had to seize this opportunity to live abroad, a dream I had had for years.
My travels growing up were almost entirely limited to the U.S. (except for a couple cruises to the Bahamas, if that even counts) until I set off to backpack around Europe as a solo female traveler. Since moving to Europe, I’ve traveled to dozens of other countries, mostly solo and on a budget. I don’t go without while traveling, but I believe one can travel and spend responsibly while still splurging once in a while.
Quick Facts About Me:
- I’ve lived abroad since September 2012.
- I grew up in Florida with a fairly famous mouse for a neighbor.
- I’ve been teaching English as a Second Language for over 3 years now.
- I don’t eat pork or olives, even though I live in a country famous for both of those things.
- My big goal before I turn 30 is to visit all the continents (even Antartica if I can make it happen).
About The Path Itself
This isn’t just a travel blog. The Path Itself is a lifestyle and travel blog for smart, creative people who want to see the world through various lenses. This blog is for anyone brave enough to follow their own path in life or for those still trying to figure out what that path is. The Path Itself is a source of inspiration and information for adventurers; the kind who seek to travel, learn, and improve themselves.
Here you’ll find my writings and photos related to travel, expat living, journaling, DIY, and so much more. The goal of The Path Itself is to record my story as I navigate my own path in life and to inspire others to discover their own.